Thursday Top Tips to remember when starting a Business
Top Tips when starting a business...
1. Get an accountant. It's so important to keep on top of your accounts also if you need to apply for a loan or grant you will need up to date accounts at the ready. If you fall behind on anything -tax, suppliers etc explain your situation (communicate) and make a plan for fixing it. Much better than keeping your head in the sand!
2. Delegate. We all think we can do everything. We can't. Be realistic with your time and hand off projects to people who know what they are doing. You will be less stressed and get better results.
3. Take a day off. Being a martyr makes you more stressed and less productive. Take a day off a week. Cook food, go hiking whatever is it you do to unwind & stay healthy you will be way more productive Monday morning.
4. Ask for help. Got a problem needs solving? Tell people! I've lost count of the amount of times I've said ' I'm having terrible problems with xyz ' and someone will respond with I know someone who is brilliant at that. When you start a business your friends and family will help you out just remember to repay the favour ;)
5. Barter. Say your an accountant who needs a graphic designer? There is probably a graphic designer out there who needs an accountant. Just be clear what the swap is going to be from the start.